Please note: by signing up to The SEND Forums, you will have access to all three forums, and members of each will be able to view open (publicly viewable) threads and discussions across all three. If you wish your topic or discussion to remain private, please contact the forum moderator, or email the forum administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org), to request the creation of a private group.
Code of conduct
The following rules have been established for The SEND Forums to ensure all members feel confident that they are not open to abuse or harassment:
1. We ask that all users provide useful, relevant and personally non-judgemental postings that add value to the discussions. Messages must be civil and relevant to the purpose of the community.
2. You must not pass yourself off as another person nor will anonymous contributions be accepted.
3. You are responsible for clearing copyright on any materials posted.
4. Use of Language - messages should not be malicious or designed to offend. In particular, the use of swear words is to be avoided. There should be no use of obscene or offensive language, or statements that may be judged to be defamatory – including harassment, insulting/abusive/threatening language, including profane language and that of a sexual nature.
5. You must not use this Forum to market or advertise any paid-for products or services. If you have any general announcements, for example information about courses or details of conferences, that you would like posted, these can be added directly to the Events Diary. If you have any queries about posting material to the Forum, please contact your Forum moderator (enter the word ‘moderator’ into the search field and you will see a list of all SEND Forum moderators). You can also contact the Forum administrator at: email@example.com.
6. Take care and act appropriately in what you say about others - email is easily forwarded and archives are open to web-searches.
7. Do not repost private email to the list unless you have obtained prior consent from the original author.
8. We ask that all users bring to our attention any material posted in these forums that they consider defamatory.
9. By participating in any discussion, you undertake to indemnify us and our employees and sub-contractors against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such actionable state.
10. Defamatory material - you should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By participating in a discussion, you undertake to indemnify us and our employees and sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of confidentiality, copyright or other intellectual property right published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation all expenses incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such publication. You must not make statements that are libellous, obscene, seek to incite racial hatred or otherwise break the laws of the United Kingdom.
You are prohibited from using this Website or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- share or publish any other person's personally identifiable information without their express consent;
- to harass, abuse, insult, threaten violence, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate others;
- to submit information that is pornographic, sexually explicit, violent or otherwise of a mature nature; or encourages or is likely to encourage any of the above;
- to gamble, provide gambling information or entice others to engage in gambling through any method;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to create multiple accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Website or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, post advertising or promotional messages;
- to phish, pharm, pretext, or bait;
- to access or submit information using automated bots, software, engines, crawlers, scrapers, data mining tools or the like;
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of this Website, or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
Any infringement of the above rules is likely to lead to:
- 1st instance: An informal warning with an opportunity for mediation,
- 2nd instance: A formal warning,
- 3rd instance: 1 week suspension,
- 4th instance: Permanent ban.
Please ensure you read the above before signing up. Anyone not following this policy may have their account deleted. By registering on this forum, you are deemed to have agreed to abide by the above. Although the Advisory Group cannot take responsibility for monitoring every message that is sent to this list, we reserve the right to remove items submitted from anyone who repeatedly ignores these rules and take action, as detailed above, against those concerned.